Many Phentermine side effects can occur when taking differing dosages of phentermine (phentermine 37.5 mg, phentermine 30mg, including lower dosages down to phentermine 15mg).
This is a controlled drug due to its addictive properties and needs a prescription from a doctor to use it.
The chemical structure of Phentermine resembles with the structure of amphetamines due to which both have many symptoms and side effects in common.
However, for most people, these phentermine side effects remain in tolerable limits as long as it is used as per the instructions.
Generally, this drug is not prescribed for more than 6-8 weeks. There are two reasons for this.
First is the possibility of a phentermine addiction.
Secondly, the effectiveness of this drug starts disappearing after prolonged use.
On one hand, this drug is praised for its effectiveness and usefulness. On the other hand, it has also faced a lot of criticism due to its large list of phentermine side effects.
If you’re looking for a Phentermine alternative that’s safer, effective without the negative Phentermine side effects use PhenTabz. Effective weight loss that’s non-prescription too!
Phentermine Side Effects
Some of the most common phentermine side effects / disadvantages are:
- Dry Mouth: This is a minor and most common side effects of Phentermine and almost 60 – 70 % of the Phentermine users face this issue.This effect is tolerable and subsides with staying hydrated / drinking more water.
- Insomnia: If consumed in evening or before going to sleep, one can face difficulty in sleeping or just trying to fall asleep. That’s why the morning is considered as the best time for its consumption.It would be better if you take your recommended dosage of phentermine on an empty stomach i.e. 1-2 hours before breakfast.
- Mood Swings: This is also very common and results in nervousness, restlessness, and hyperactivity.
Side Effects of Phentermine
Some other commonly occurring side effects of Phentermine are constipation, dizziness, headache, diarrhea, euphoria (felling of intense happiness), dysphoria (Abnormal Depression), sexual problems, etc.
Frequency and magnitude of these side effects of phentermine varies from person to person.
Less Common Phentermine Side Effects
Some of the serious but less common side effects of Phentermine are chest pain, difficulty in breathing, fainting, blue lips, high blood pressure, anxiety or confusion, uneven heartbeats, swelling in ankles, etc. These effects can be life threatening and doctor should be immediately consulted if any of these symptoms appear.
Real PhenTabz weight loss results without the bad Phentermine side effects!!
Reasons Behind The Side Effects Of Phentermine
- Effects of Phentermine on Nervous System: Phentermine activates that part of our brain which controls human survival, energy production and basic functions of the body, known as the Sympathetic Nervous System.This leaves the Parasympathetic system (which controls digestion and sleep) less active.This results in sleeplessness and indigestion because your Sympathetic Nervous System will remain stimulated even at night leaving parasympathetic system less active.
- Phentermine Abuse: Leads to excessive release of noradrenaline by affecting Beta-1 adrenergic receptors of our smooth muscles leading to unpleasant feeling.
- Phentermine Overdose: This can result in some very serious to fatal complications such as loss of consciousness, rapid breathing, hallucinations, agitation, heart palpitations (rapidly or forcefully beating heart), strange and aggressive behavior, hypertension, etc.
- Abrupt Phentermine Withdrawal: Even if some of the above mentioned symptoms show up, the usage of this drug should never be stopped immediately because it may cause rebound effects.Rather than this, immediate medical consultation is recommended.
- Failing To Take Necessary Precautions: Phentermine should be consumed in a very controlled manner such as, this drug is only meant for short term treatment
Prolonged use can lead to many to many complications and the most dangerous of those is, addiction.
Phentermine should always be supplemented with proper exercise, balanced diet and healthy routine and should never be taken separately.
Consumption of the drug during pregnancy, combining with alcohol, using with other appetite suppressants, and in case of any previous drug abuse, should be strictly avoided.
Phentermine should not be continued for more than 8-10 weeks.
Real Life Phentermine Side Effects From Abuse
Married Female Affected By The Side Effects Of Phentermine
A married female reported that in the initial phase of use, the drug worked great. She lost almost 20 lbs in 2 months. She also felt increased levels of concentration and increased energy during the beginning months of phentermine usage.
However, after some time had passed she started to become increasingly irritated and aggressive to such an extent that she even would get upset if her kids talked to her.
She got to the point where she could hardly wait to take her next dosage and started taking increased amounts leading to a slight phentermine overdose.
This resulted in depression and even suicidal thoughts. Moreover, when she tried to stop its consumption, she faced severe consequences such as blurred vision, hair loss, stomach pain, insomnia and anxiety.
But in the end, thankfully, she finally managed to control herself and started discontinuing its use it slowly.
She later joined the gym, started on more of an increasingly healthy diet and finally, managed to overcome her phentermine addiction.
Phentermine 37.5 Side Effects: Sleeping Pills + Phentermine
In another situation, a young girl was advised by her physicians to take a Phentermine 37.5 mg tablet of Phentermine once a day.
Although it kept her active and her blood pressure normal (she used to have low blood pressure), she started facing trouble in getting a good night’s sleep and she started using sleeping pills shortly afterwards.
By taking Phentermine 37.5 mg to remain active during the day and taking sleeping pills for sleeping at night she started on a dangerous cycle. She started feeling weakness even if she missed just one dosage.
Complications that arise from having Phentermine 37.5 side effects can become very scary and dangerous if not monitored.
Thankfully her family stepped in to help get her to a relatively normal state.
Different phentermine side effects occur with different people and with different dosages. Dosages of Phentermine 37.5 mg and below is not meant for everybody who desires to lose weight. Most of them can consider exercising and switching to a healthier diet to reach their weight loss goals. Phentermine was originally meant for overweight people and should only be taken under proper medical supervision.
Phentermine Alternatives: PhenTabz or PhentabzTeen
If you are looking for a non-prescription solution to losing weight then you may want to consider PhenTabz (Just as effective alternative yet safer Phentermine alternative) or PhenTabzTeen (1st ever weight loss diet pill for teens).
|PhenTabz vs. Phentermine||PhenTabz||Phentermine|
|AVERAGE WEIGHT LOSS||2-5 LBS / WEEK||2-3 LBS / WEEK|
|SAFE LONG TERM USE||YES||NO|
Worry less about Phentermine Side Effects with this proprietary weight loss formula designed by Gentech Pharmaceutical – The Leader in Non-Prescription Pharmaceuticals. PhenTabz is just as fast, effective and safer allowing increased energy levels and greater metabolization of fat. Works effectively like a prescription drug without the prescription!