Anxiety disorders and the symptoms of anxiety that lead up to them are characterized by the extension the natural “fight or flight” response to a level that hinders daily life of the patient.
Anxiety is a natural phenomenon characterized by fear and worry under certain stressful conditions. However, for some people it may end up becoming a disorder as they tend to be anxious for things which are not stressful. It may also get to the point where it increases their stresss level so much that it directly affects their daily life. These types of disorders are classified as anxiety disorders.
Triggers of the anxiety can be different for different people. One person can be afraid of things like height, fire or water, etc. to the extent that it may change the behavior of the person (phobia). On the other hand some people may not have any identifiable cause of their anxiety. This type of patient is classified as to be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder.
Symptoms of Anxiety
Stressor or trigger of the anxiety can be different depending on the individual; however symptoms of anxiety are mostly common. “Flight or fight” response is a natural phenomenon that increases adrenaline to make one hyper-alert during dangerous conditions.
Accordingly, anxiety disorders can be classified into psychological symptoms or physical symptoms.
Psychological Aspects Of Anxiety
Psychological symptoms of the patients suffering from anxiety are nothing but the reaction to avoid the triggering factor. Patient will try to avoid or run away from the situation which disturbs him or her most.
However, avoiding the stressors ultimately makes the patient more anxious because problems will continue to increase until they are resolved.
List Of Common Psychological Anxiety Attack Symptoms :
- Feeling of being incapable of holding the control
- Fear of death or accident
- Fear of constantly being observed and judged by friends, society, teachers etc.
- Feeling that whole world has turned against you to fail you in your task
- Feeling of need to be alert against anything that comes in your way
- Lack of self-confidence and self-respect
- Feeling of being detached from the environment or family
Physical Anxiety Attack Symptoms
Physical symptoms are mostly due to increased levels of adrenaline and some other hormones released to deal with the anticipated danger. Physical symptoms are similar in men and women; however women tend to have symptoms with greater severity than men.
Physical Symptoms Include:
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased muscular tension
- Feeling of butterflies in the stomach
- Increased breathing rate
- Shortness of breath due to fast and shallow breaths
- Shaking and trembling
- Flushing and feeling of warmth
- Feeling of tightness over chest
Helpful Tips To Conquer Anxiety Symptoms
Program Yourd To Accept The Following:
- It is normal to fail (we learn from each mistake)
- It is normal to feel anxious
- You shouldn’t change yourself for sake of others
- Build up your self confidence by improving yourself
- Start believing in yourself
- Stop worrying about what other people think of you
- Do not run from your problems; face them directly
Remember that it’s normal to make mistakes or fail at a task so don’t be so hard on yourself. You learn so much more from making mistakes and failures. Each time that happens, reflect on it and think about what you could have done better so it won’t happen again.
There are times when we all feel anxious and worry about what others think of us. Don’t dwell upon those thoughts but understand that everyone has those thoughts at one time or another. Enjoy your life according to how you want to enjoy it so there’s no need to worry about others.
Ultimately, don’t run from your problems or what you perceive to be a problem. You may find that it isn’t that bad after all if you face them and work at resolving whatever issues that may arise.
Remember that each and every day you encounter challenges. It’s how we deal with those challenges that makes us who we are so never stop resolving any problems that arise! Deal with them directly and your life will change for the better.